I am a Licensed Psychologist, Certified EMDR Therapist, and Gender Therapist/Specialist with more than 15 years of experience providing training and mental health services in a variety of settings, including community mental health centers, university counseling centers, public schools, and medical centers. As a clinician, I provide both brief and long-term therapy to adults in individual psychotherapy and relationship counseling. As a trainer and educator, I strive to bring an intersectional perspective to others’ learning experiences. To learn more about my background and experience, click here.
My approach to working with therapy clients is collaborative and proactive. I aim to help my clients find the balance between insight and action in the therapy process. I utilize a number of approaches, including EMDR therapy, relational and psychodynamic, cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT), dialectical behavior therapy (DBT)*, mindfulness, and emotionally focused therapy (EFT). I believe in tailoring my approach according to each client’s concerns, challenges, and unique sociocultural backgrounds with regard to family, race, ethnicity, class, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, and ability. I am committed to helping people approach health and growth holistically, with consideration of the mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual factors that affect who they are and how they experience the world.
Areas of emphasis include (click on links below to learn more):
- Trauma and EMDR therapy
- Trans-Affirming Therapy for gender identity, transgender and gender nonconforming (TGNC) communities
- Diverse sexualities and relationships
- Anxiety and stress
- Grief and loss
- Significant life transitions
- Self-esteem, breaking unhelpful patterns of thinking about and relating to oneself
- Eating disorders, body image, body acceptance
- Compulsive behaviors, substance abuse, multiple addictions, sobriety, and recovery
- Codependency and co-addiction
- Relationships, dating, and intimacy
- Cultural identity concerns, immigration, and acculturation
- Creativity, artists, and performers
- Students, graduate students, and therapists in training
*Please note that I do not offer DBT skills groups. I can provide individual DBT in collaboration with another provider/organization providing DBT skills groups. I do not provide individual DBT without the skills component, as I believe this is essential in adhering to evidence-based DBT model.